WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Skweel Gnawtooth Conversion

I've been working on my Skaven recently (much to the chagrin of my Terrorgheist). I picked up a second Doomwheel, and finally assembled the Rat Ogres from my Island of Blood starter set. The packmaster Skweel Gnawtooth is a must-have to accompany Rat Ogres; one of his abilities bestows a mutation to the unit that can result in poisoned attacks, extra attacks, or regeneration.


I was having trouble tracking down a model, so I decided to convert my own. The body is based on the Skaven warlord in the starter set, with arms pulled from one of the champions. The whip is from an Orc model. One of the classic metal giant rats and a bunch of plastic rats make up his verminous bodyguard. Some sculpting on his robes and the rocks finish off the model.

 








 

Skweel gets the same quick-and-dirty paint scheme as the rest of my Skaven.

 




 

'Til next time!

9 comments:

  1. The best conversions are those, the beholder does not recognize as such.

    =) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Conversion and wonderful brushwork to boot :)

    Perfect model (looks better than the official one)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious what you didn't like about the official version? It seems pretty spiffy to me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great conversion, the sculpting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliments, everyone! Anonymous, I'm not sure if your question was aimed at me, or Allan and Carman, with regard to what we didn't like about the original. I did the conversion because I couldn't find an original Skweel (have one now, though). I think it's an okay model, but the fur is maybe a little too stylized around the face and giant rat. It's very smooth, like it was sculpted to be manufactured in plastic rather than pewter. Maybe that's a good thing if GW is abandoning it's Finecast and metal in favor of all plastic; they could likely transfer the Skweel sculpt as-is and we'll see a plastic clamshell kit soon.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.